Silk Rug Cleaning
ABC Decorative Rugs offers Silk rug cleaning in San Francisco bay area with free & delivery.
Silk is a natural protein fiber that is produced when silkworm larvae form cocoons. Composed primarily of fibroin, silk is one of the strongest natural fibers, but it loses up to 20 percent of its strength when it gets wet. Over the years ABC Decorative Rugs in San Francisco Bay Area have master the art of Silk Rug Cleaning & Restoration. All the Silk rugs are hand wash with utmost care & precision to enchance the life of it. Below are the steps involved in Silk Rug Cleaning.
- Measure , Inspect and ID the rug
- Document stains and damages
- Dye Test - to check if there is any dye transfer or dye bleeds
- PH Test - to check sensitivity and tolerance of the fibers
- High Impact dusting - removal of finest particles of dirt.
- Brush-less vacuum
- Neutralize fibers
- Color protecting agents- adding an natural ingredient to preserve color for the rugs that bleed
- Custom made in house natural cleaning agents - based on the PH, cleaning agents are customized to fit the rugs needs
- Hand washing with brush with cold water
- Hot water vacuum rinse - to remove remaining residue
- Pile correction - to ensure all the tufts are on the same slant
- Soft Sun rack drying - drying the rug naturally in soft / dull sun
- Grooming - scrape of any extra threads and brush the rug for uniformity
- Sealing & conditioning - to prevent future topical damage and stains
- Deodorizing. (Extra Charge)
Please order online or call us at (408) 402-5654 to order & schedule pick up of Silk rug cleaning!.
All Our Rug Cleaning Services comes with Free Pickup & Delivery! We even move your Furniture if needed.
Write Your Own Review